Tuesday, December 4, 2012

【Memoirs】 Week#5 Oct 10th

Term Test One

Today is first term test of this course, so nervous indeed! And there is no tutorials this week, we started the test at 6:10pm. 

We finished the paper at 7:00pm. I did think this test was difficult for me, after the test, I asked my friends, they also did think in that way. Based on the test, I noticed I had lots of things that I forgot to review for this term test. I should be more careful next time. Praying, hope I would get a low mark in this test >_<...

Lecture

After the test, we still had to stay and listion to the lecture. Today's lecture is about the Algorithms.

simple sequence of feasible steps to solve a problem deterministic ( in this course) credit AI-Khwarizmi

Ex.
Multiplication
PBJ ( Sticky algorithm)
Google page rank

Paper folding 
fold over upper surface of paper strip after one fold, is has a downward crease fold the once-folded strip again and it had one upward, two downward there are good physical reasons you can't experment far beyong 6 folds given the number of folds, predict the pattern.




In DrRacket, we learned about mapping.

Like,     (map add1 (list 1 2 3 4 5 6))

              (map sqrt (list 1 2 3 4 5 6 7))
we can get      (list 2 3 4 5 6 7)
                         (list
                              1
                              #i1.4142135623730951
                              #i1.7320508075688772
                              2
                              #i2.23606797749979
                              #i2.449489742783178
                              #i2.6457513110645907)
aslo we have map-image, allows you  to map image's color.

No comments:

Post a Comment